Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Joacaba, SC

I have moved on from the state of Rio Grande do Sul and am now in Joacaba, Santa Catarina. A lot has happened since my last post. My time in Rio Grande do Sul was so awesome. I stayed with Tiago and his Family in Veranopolis. There we went to a few parties, and had a few of our own. We also had a bbq at Tiago's parents house. The best bbq in the world is from southern Brazil.
There was a Motorcycle show in Veranopolis. They were having a burn-out competition where they smoke their tires. One dumbass guy let go of his bike at it went into the crowd hitting a guy and cutting his arm pretty bad. Someone told us later that he died, but think that was a bunch of bull.
Veranopolis was great. Tiago's family was great. They always seem to make me feel at home.

After Veranopolis I went with Tiago to Passo Fundo where he goes to school. The first day there he had to go to class so he asked me to go with him. He is studying to be a Veterinarian. He had a Lab project and I got to meet his crazy teacher and classmates. Their lab project was to do a autopsy or a post-mortem examination on a dog.
That night we had a birthday party for one of our friends. We went to a soccer club and had a bbq and they played soccer. After the game we had the time of our lives. We stayed at the soccer club until we ran out of beer and then went to drink at the gas station. You can drink at the gas stations here. I think there was about ten of us that piled into the back of my friends tiny pick-up. We saw the cops so a bunch of them took off running. They didn't get caught but had to walk to the gas station. Me and another friend just laid down in the back and hoped we didn't get stopped.
I have more stories about that night but I will have to save them for another time.

So after two days in Passo Fundo my friend Fabricio (the one who is getting married) picked me up and we drove the three plus hours to Joacaba. Last night we sat around and talked and relaxed. it was nice to rest for a while. I slept really good last night. This morning we had breakfast and Fabricio left for work. About five minutes later Lica(fabricio's fiance) came and told me that fabricio had an accident. So I threw some shoes on and went outside and not even a block away Fabricio's car got hit by an old guy backing out of his garage. No real damage and Fabricio was fine. Brazilian women worry too much. So after Fabricio filed an accident report with the police he went to work.
Later Lica took me to a clothes store to rent a suit for the wedding. I have to go pick it up tomorrow.
Now we are just relaxing and being lazy. It's nice. For lunch we are going to a restaurant because Lica says her mom is an awful cook. I thought that was funny.
For tonight, we are going out to some bar. More parties. More fun.

No comments: