Monday, April 6, 2009

Porto Alegre

I am so happy that I got to see my friend Alfredo and his wife Juliana. Hanging out with him after all these years seemed like we never parted. He is an incredible guy. Yesterday they had taken me to two different beaches. I can´t remember the name of the first beach we went to but it was very beautiful. We didn´t stay there long because it was crowded and Juliana wanted to take me to see another. The second beach was called Eden. It lived up to it´s name. Secluded, and virtualy unknown to most. You have to hike down a very steep hill with switchbacks to get to it. It was incredibly beautiful. We swam and went snorkling. Had a few beers and some fried poptates that were really delicious.
After the day at the beach we went out to eat at a pizza place. Very good as well. Different than the standard pizza in the U.S.. After dinner we went back to their apartment and hung out and went to bed. This morning Alfredo and I left the house for the airport around 5:30a. I had a long day at the airport and on the plane.

Now I am in Porto Alegre once again. My buddy´s aunt Soeli and her husband picked me up from the airport and now I am spending the night here with them. They are so incredibly nice as well. Soeli´s son speaks english so it has been much easier than I expected. Tomorrow I hope to travel to Ibiraiaras to visit another friends family.
From there on to one of my favorite places....VERANOPOLIS. I can´t wait.

No comments: