Monday, April 21, 2008

Vicosa, MG

The last few days have been incredible. Thursday night fabricio's family made it to Joacaba and we had a bbq at Lica's parents house. It was so nice to see all of them again. We had dinner and beer and then went to Tres Tilias where Fabricio used to work a few years ago. Out side of town we stayed at a very quiet and beautiful resort. We had the place to ourselves. There were four pousadas a swimming pool, lake and a kind of dinning hall. Very nice.
We stayed there and partied that night and then the next day we just kind of relaxed with our hangovers. Then friday night we put on our Sunday best and went back to Joacaba for the wedding. And what a beautiful wedding it was. The reception afterward was amazing. Food, whiskey, beer, girls and dancing. Fabricio, Lica, Robledo, Al, and I were the only ones left when they closed the place down. I have more stories about this night too but they will have to wait.
The morning of the reception I slep at Lica's house and then we went out to the resort in Tres Tilias. First thing there Fabricio and I went to get beer and then there was another bbq. That was another incredible night. I didn't go to sleep at all after everyone went to bed Robledo and I stayed up and talked for a few hours. I didn't see him for three years so it was nice to catch up. After he decided to go to bed I wanted to go for a walk and look at the stars but it was raining. I got to see the stars the night before but I didn't really get to appreciate them. Anyway I went back to my room and took a shower and finished packing my bags. Just as I was finishing up it was five am and everyone else was just getting up. We left for Vicosa at six am.
Fabricio has a friend who owns a little charter bus and his family made the long journey down in that. On the way back the had an americano to join them. The trip was fun. Incredibly long and inpossible to sleep but still fun. The roads in Brazil never go straight for very long and are not maintained very well. It seemed that we were constantly turning or bouncing around. Crazy but we made the best of it.
After nearly twenty four hours in the van we are finaly in Vicosa. I haven't been in this city for three years. It's nice. I am staying with Albono in his apartment. Al is a really nice guy and incredibly funny. I met him in the US through Fabricio.

Anyway, Al is helping me plan my trip back to Sao Paulo. If I go by bus it will be very cheap but the road is bad and the bus constantly stops. It is a twelve hour bus ride. I am not looking forward to another bus ride. So I think I might get a plane from Belo Horizonte (BH as they call it in Vicosa) to Sao Paulo. It is pretty expensive but I will be able to stay in Vicosa for more time and not have to wait at the airport for twelve hours. So we will see.
I am not sure when I will be able to write again. It may be from home but there will be pictures and more stories to come.

No comments: