Thursday, April 10, 2008

I made it to Brazil

Well, after a very long trip I am finaly in Brazil. I left Minneapolis around 10 am and had a ok flight to Atlanta. The reason it was only ok was because I had to sit next to a very unhappy baby. I have to give his mom credit for warning me pre-flight about my new travel partner. He was cool though. He cried at first but then went to sleep.
I was in Atlanta for six plus hours. I found a quiet corner and tried to sleep but kept waking up due to a slamming access door. These two young ladies thought it was pretty funny to watch me jump everytime the door slammed. Their laughter hurt me on the inside. I got up and read for a while.

After no sleep in Atlanta I was finally able to board my flight after they changed the gate number twice. It was a good flight. The plane wasn't as packed as it usually is. I watched two and a half movies in my ten hour flight. "Dan in real life" is a really good movie. "Juno" was ok. I enjoyed it. Then I watched the begining of "Autumn rush". I think that's what it was called. I couldn't watch much of it because I was so tired. So I listened to some music and fell in and out of a sleeping state. It's funny because I jumped awake and a few people were looking at me funny and a stewardess asked if I was ok. I must have yelled or something. I think the guy across from me got mad because I woke him up by yelling then smiled at him.
Just before landing in Sao Paulo I got to see the morning dew cover everything but the tops of the mountains. That and the sunrise was beautiful even in my groggy state of mind.
In Sao Paulo I had to change airports to the one across town. I asked a cab driver how much to take me there and he told me some rediculous price (R$98.00 or about $45). I took the bus. It took a long time going through traffic but it was air conditioned.
My flight to Porto Alegre was really nice. Less than two hours. Plus I made a new friend Vivian. She is a business consultant of some kind. Very nice person. We talked most of the flight. She gave me her business card and told me to call. I don't think I will have time.
Anyway, I am at Morgana's house right now. She and her friend met me at the airport and we took a cab back to her place where I will be staying tonight. I am in the process of convincing them to go out with me tonight. They say they have school tomorrow and that I should get some sleep. I told them I can sleep when I die. They laughed but the answer still stands at no.

Tomorrow I am off to one of my favorite places in the world, Veranopolis.
I hope to write again soon but I am not sure when. tchau for now.

No comments: