Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Outrageous

Can you believe the cost of fuel? I was on my way home from Rice Lake, and at the Holiday in Cumberland I saw that Diesel fuel was $3.99 a gallon. Diesel? I thought diesel was a biproduct of gasoline. How do they expect drivers to make a living? Especially owner-operators? This is ridiculous. I hope the price goes down before June, otherwise we are going to be in a world of hurt.
Ok, I have vented. Thanks.

In other news, I have sent off my application for a tourist visa. Rita at Brazil Visa Services says it will take about five days so I won't be cutting it as short as I thought.
I was also going to get my International Drivers License and rent a car in Brazil but I changed my mind. I really wanted the driving experience in another country but the bus will be cheaper. I would end up lost anyway.

No comments: