Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Back to work

Tomorrow will be my first day back in my dump truck. It is already the middle of May but I have to admit that this season started earlier than I expected. I have to work east of Hayward which is about an hour and a half away.
I am trying so hard to make the best of this. I am already counting the days I have left. I don't even know how many days are left in my season but I am counting.

Ok, I'm done bitching. My plans are to work most of the summer, save money, maybe travel to Africa, save some more money, and sell my business. After I sell I am not completely sure where I will end up. I thought I wanted to go to school in Manassas, VA, but my trip to Brazil may have changed things. For the last five or more years I have thought about teaching english down there. This last trip I talked to a few people and started giving some serious thought about it.

If I live down there I will have the experience of a lifetime. The culture, my friends, the women, everything is very nice. But I won't be able to further myself here in the U.S.. My home.
So part of me wants to have one more big adventure before I settle down, and another part of me thinks now is the best time to do something with my life. I have waited a long time to move on from where I am now.
I'm not worried about it now. I have friends who have tried to teach me patience and I think it is finally working.
We'll see how it turns out.

No comments: