Saturday, May 24, 2008

Work is work

I have been working hard but hardly working. Last week I worked Wednesday then had a Miners safety refresher course Thursday. The refresher course was eight hours long. Every year it is eight hours long and every year it is exactly the same. Except maybe a difference in the way they want us to do CPR. It was educational though.

Friday Monarch (the paving company we lease to) didn't have any work for me. I changed some shocks on my drop axle and washed my truck.
Monday no work. Tuesday and Wednesday I worked about two miles from home. Thursday I went back up north and spent a lot of money on fuel (we had to haul both ways so I was never empty). Yesterday was a short day. I got off work around one and started working on my mother's garden. My brother got about thirteen yards of black dirt and I had to shovel most of it. I almost finished last night. Around 8:30 I gave up, took a shower and went to bed. I want to finish it before it rains tomorrow.

I'm not sure what I am going to do with the rest of my weekend. Maybe some more landscaping at my folks place. Maybe go fishing. Maybe go shop around for motorcycles. I have a phone number that I am supposed to call if I want to do something sometime. I am not sure if she is going to get a call this weekend. We'll see I guess.

1 comment:

Adventurous Twenty-Something said...

You've been tagged! Check out my blog to find out with what.